The Adult Behavioral Health Program at Bayview Behavioral Hospital provides comprehensive care for adults (18 and older) in both inpatient and outpatient programs. Adults may participate in group and individual therapy. Our program is designed to both challenge patients and support them as they work toward recovery.
Our treatment team is trained in Trauma Informed Care, an organizational framework that recognizes that patients have many types of trauma and they may be re-traumatized by caregivers. Trauma Informed Care also emphasizes physical, psychological and emotional safety and helps survivors rebuild a sense of control and empowerment.
Conditions We Treat
Many behavioral health issues can be treated with therapy, medications or a combination. Sometimes these problems or others become more complicated and need treatment more often or with a different approach. Bayview Behavioral Hospital can help adults dealing with such issues, including:
- Depression and bipolar disorder. These mood disorders affect many people when their feelings of sadness or loss interfere with everyday life. People with bipolar disorder experience both depression and mania in extremes. Both depression and bipolar disorder are treated with medications, and sometimes with talk therapy or a combination of both.
- Anxiety issues, including post-traumatic stress disorder. Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health concern in the United States. One of the most common among our patients in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which occurs after a stressful experience, such as combat, natural disasters or violent crime.
- Anger management. For people who have trouble controlling the intensity of their anger responses. The goal is to reduce both the emotions and physical arousal involved in anger and better manage it.
- Suicidal thoughts.
- Violence or self-harm. People who are likely to have self-injurious behaviors like cutting or may harm others.
- Schizophrenia. Patients may experience sensations of voices or images that are not there.
Adults struggling with drugs or alcohol can seek treatment in our Inpatient or Outpatient Substance Abuse programs.
Find a Therapist
Looking for behavioral health services close to home? Search our doctors and mental health professionals and schedule your appointment online: Search & Schedule.